Monday, August 20, 2012

The weekend was interesting.  The air conditioning man showed up at 5pm and installed the sensor so the water wouldn't overflow anymore.  He commented that it was an awful lot of water on the floor (I ran a big fan for 2 days to dry out the carpeting).  Well Saturday morning when I went to take a shower, I could not get any hot water!  Well, guess what!  It wasn't the air conditioner that overflowed... it was the hot water tank that broke.  So, it has been cold showers for the past 3 days.  Not to bad in Florida in the summer.  The water isn't that cold!!

I have a friend at work whose husband has been out of work for a couple of years, so he has started his own little fixit job.  After talking to Linda, he can come on Saturday and replace the tank.  I thought about getting one of the waterless ones, but it is only me and it is only one of those short stubby tanks.  I wouldn't be saving that much energy by getting a waterless one!  I know I will be taking cold showers all week, but if it will help my friend out.... I will wait a few days.  Plus, he is going to replace the ceiling fan in the living room that blew the circuit breaker when I turned it on a few months back.  I could use a fixit man at my house for a few weeks, I think!!!

So Saturday afternoon I decided to see if I could find a flapper for my commodes.  They are the old Standard brand and the normal flaps don't fit well. (Against what they all say on the outside of the package!)  It has to sit exactly straight, or it drips and drips and drips and then reloads the water again.  I had decided to go to a plumbing parts store and if he couldn't suggest anything I was just going to replace the whole commodes.  I am very tired of replacing the flappers every couple of weeks!  He suggested a retrofit of a bigger flapper and an additional rubber piece.  I thought, yeah, yeah....... this will work like all the others!!  Eureka!!!!!  It took about 2 minutes to install and it works perfectly!!!!  I could hug that wonderful man!  I am going back tonight to get another one for the other bathroom!!  I was my own Mr fixit on that one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment